Procedures, Guidance and Protocols
Individual Chapters may be selected by clicking on links below.
1. The Roles Of Agencies Involved In Safeguarding Children
2. The Legislative Framework
3. Principles Underpinning Work With Children And Families
4. Recognition And Indicators Of Abuse
5. Every Child Matters: Safeguarding And Promoting The Welfare Of
Children in Cumbria
6. Safeguarding Children: Handling Individual Cases
7. Allegations of abuse made against those who work with children.
8. Fabricated And Induced Illness.
9. Complex (Organized and Multiple) Abuse.
10. Female Genital Mutilation.
11. Forced Marriage.
12. Prostitution And Commercial Exploitation Of Children.
13. Sudden Unexpected Child Deaths.
14. Serious Case Reviews
15. Domestic Violence.
16. Drug Misuse and Child Protection.
17. Parents with enduring and / or severe mental illness.
18. Parental Learning Disability.
19. Private Fostering and other Children Living Away From Home.
20. Children Who Run Away from Home
21. Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children and Child Victims of
22. Guidance on Sexually Active Young People.
23. Children who Sexually Offend or Display Sexually Harmful
24. Child Abuse and Information Communication Technology.
25. Abuse Of Children With A Disability Or Complex Health Need.
26. Adults Who Present A Risk To The Community (‘MAPPA
27. Children Living Away from Home
28. Safeguarding Children and Young People from abuse related
to a belief in Spirit Posession (Witchcraft)
* This procedure is currently being developed by Cumbria LSCB